Ioncube one of the most important factors to run some special kind of websites on hosting server, basically ionCube protects codes written in PHP language. If you using any CMS which requires ionCube installed on your cPanel hosting server then it can be installed and activated using PHP extension called the ionCube Loader.
Install ionCude on Linux server:
In order to install ionCube on cPanel/WHM hosting server there is a simple procedure to install with a command line. Please note that you require root access of your VPS or Dedicated server to install this extension however if you don’t have then you may ask your hosting provider to install it for you…
- Download Putty or any other client
- Use your server IP to access your server
- Login to your server using “root” user
- Run following command
# /scripts/phpextensionmgr install IonCubeLoader
Enable ionCube from WHM/cPanel
In most of cases after installing this extension from SHELL it activate automatically incase its not then you can install or enable this from your WHM control panel and as already told you that these settings requires admin permission so wouldn’t able to make changes if you are reseller or having some limited credentials
- Login to your WHM control panel (WHM accounts can be accessed from this url your IP and port 2087 or 2086 ex: xxx.xx.xx.xx:2087 or xxx.xx.xx.xx:2086
- Goto “Tweak Settings”
- Select “PHP” option from header tab
- Check “ioncube” in “cPanel PHP loader” section in footer
Finally you are done but there is still one thing left to make sure settings applies correctly, Restart your server and now you have successfully installed / activated on your server.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?