A2 Hosting Review | A2 Hosting is an independently owned, top hosting company that has been around for about 20 years now. This web hosting company has data centers located worldwide and undoubtedly provides one of the best in hosting services and products in the industry. A2 Hosting is reliable when it comes to a strong uptime and great customer service.
In this A2 Hosting Review, we will let you know everything you can’t miss about this web host. Speed provided by A2 Hosting is hands down one of its major appeals, we will tell you all about it in great detail further in this A2 Hosting review.
Moreover, A2 Hosting offers impressive packages along with amazing support and security features. It provides high-quality WordPress hosting plans that are drafted to match the needs of customers of every type.
Whether you are looking for a change in web hosting providers or are new to web hosting altogether, A2 Hosting deserves to be considered as it might be the right choice for you given that it is one of the fastest hosting companies in the UK. Here, we are providing you with an in-depth A2 Hosting Review which includes 4S analysis, features, and plans.
A2 Hosting Review 2020
A2 Hosting was founded in 2001 by Bryan Muthig and the company was initially called Iniquinet.
In the web hosting industry due to its insanely cheap web hosting plans and presumably above par services, A2 Hosting has made its name in the top hosting providers’ list.
A2 Hosting provides super quick hosting and their servers are called Turbo servers. These highly optimized servers make them popular among their competitors.
In this A2 Hosting review, we will address and verify if the company actually matches up the claims head-on-head through our popular 4S analysis.
The 4S are the key deciding elements of whether you should go for a hosting company or not. They are:
- Server Uptime
Speed Analysis: A2 Hosting Review
A2 Hosting is known for ultra-fast speed and if you compare it with other web hosts available in the market, A2 Hosting is faster than most of them.
We performed several speed-tests for this A2 Hosting review specifically and it topped the list with a speed of 150 ms. It is even faster than the most popular providers like Bluehost and Godaddy.
The name of the plans by A2 Hosting are Swift and Turbo, signifying the speed of the web hosting. A2 Hosting’s speed is amazing whether it is Shared web hosting, VPS, or dedicated servers. This is why it is a great option for an e-commerce website.
Security Analysis: A2 Hosting Review
We did an in-depth security analysis for this A2 Hosting Plan. A2 Hosting plans come with securities like KernelCare and HackScan.
HackScan is for malware protection and works 24/7 to prevent attacks on your website. KernelCare is a software extension that helps A2 Hosting to update the security of the Kernels every day without rebooting the servers. Using these you will get faster updates and no downtime, so you will always have the latest security software. This software can give you preventive security against malicious attacks on the website.
Support Analysis: A2 Hosting Review
Customer services by hosting providers must be a priority as you don’t want the provider to neglect you when you want help. A2 Hosting company provides 24/7 live chat, email, phone and ticket support and they are fast and responsive. In case you need emergency assistance, you can get it easily through A2 customer support.
For the purpose of the A2 Hosting review, We tried contacting customer services for a minor issue, but the response was fast and the agents are friendly and knowledgeable. A2 Hosting offers a wide range of guides and articles for self-help so you may not require customer support after all.
Server Uptime: A2 Hosting Review
Server Uptime of a hosting provider is one of the first things you should check when going for a hosting company.
No matter what kind of website you run, it is always for the best that your website is up and running.
A2 Hosting claims to have an uptime of 99.95 percent, which, in a sense, is a great figure. And since they have six data centers- The data centers are located in USA Michigan, Singapore, and Amsterdam, Netherlands; you can expect those numbers to be accurate.
For this A2 Hosting review, we used tools like Uptime Robot to check the server uptime.
The average response time was recorded at 200 ms, which is an adequate speed given it is of their official website
Apart from that, we also recorded a 5 minutes long downtime, making the overall uptime of the website at 99.90% in the past 7 days.
So their claim for 99.95 percent uptime might not always match the actual data.
This is yet again something that matches the standard of A2 Hosting, as we mentioned earlier in the A2 Hosting Review.
Pricing: A2 Hosting Review
A2 Hosting Plans and Pricing varies according to the types of plans but what we suggest is that you cannot pay the same price every time you renew. Your initial contract will be way cheaper than renewal, but to get the lowest rate, you will need to choose a 3-year contract.
However, you need to be very careful, as the plan will automatically get renewed if you do not contact the company through email 15 days before the renewal period. You can also submit a request to cancel the plan through the customer portal.
Plans: A2 Hosting Review
A2 Hosting offers numerous types of hosting options and plans are of four types:
Shared Hosting Plans: A2 Hosting Review
A2 Shared hosting plans are some of the best in the market as the plans offer numerous advantages and are competitively priced. A2 Hosting’s plans deliver well in terms of performance. You can choose from three different shared plans which are:
- The Lite package: It is available at less than $3 per month and is quite appealing for a small single website.
- A2 Hosting Swift Plan: With this plan, you will get double resources by paying $0.75 extra per month. During the time of renewal, A2 hosting Swift plan is only $2 more than the Lite plan per month.
- The Turbo PLan: If you are looking for the fastest shared hosting plan in the market, then this one is the best. A2 Turbo plan is 20 times faster than its competitors, and it offers more resources to the users.
VPS or Virtual Private Server hosting is a step above Shared hosting and A2 offers both managed and unmanaged VPS hosting plans.
Unmanaged VPS Plans:
- Entry Level: Starts at $5 per month
- Mid: Starts at $10 per month
- Elite: Starts at $15 per month.
Managed VPS plans:
- Power+: Starts at $25 per month
- Prestige+: Starts at $35 per month
- Pinnacle+: Starts at $50 per month
A2 web hosting also offers Core VPS plans, and the prices for these are similar to the managed plans. However, the Core VPS comes with root access. Unmanaged VPS plans are the best for those who want full customization over the virtual server. With these plans, you will get 8GB of RAM, 150 GB of storage, and 8 vCPUs.
Reseller Hosting: A2 Hosting Review
This type of hosting is the best for developers, web designers, and agency owners. A2 reseller hosting plans are specially designed for resellers so you can earn some extra money while providing valuable services.
- Bronze plan: no free WHMCS which you can buy ar extra $10 per month
- Silver plan: more than double storage at $5 more per month
- Gold Plan: 150 GB storage and 1000 GB transfer speed for about 250 websites.
Dedicated Hosting: A2 Hosting Review
This type of hosting is one of the best and dedicated servers are designed for websites with more monthly traffic. They are mostly for large scale companies and not for MSMEs. This server is apt for e-commerce websites as they offer server resources like RAM, storage, bandwidth, and CPU output that will not be shared with other websites.
- Unmanaged Flex Server
- Core Flex Server
- Discount SSD server
Features: A2 Hosting Review
A2 Hosting offers several features to the website owners. Here are some of the features we picked up for A2 Hosting review that makes A2 Hosting amazing:
- Unlimited Bandwidth: You can transfer the data from other places to your new website for free and the expert support team will migrate your website too.
- Free website migration: A2 customer support team will help you move your website from one hosting service to another at no cost and it will be easier when your site uses cPanel.
- 20x faster speed: The speed of our website hosted by A2 hosting is 20 times faster than its competitors. There are turbo servers that provide 20 times faster loading for websites along with A2 Site accelerator 1-click caching.
- One-click WordPress Installs: With A2 Hosting you will get an easy WordPress installation experience, and you can get started almost instantly. WordPress hosting also comes with pre-arranged security like Hackscan protection and Kernelcare and high speed.
- WP-CLI: This means the command line interface for WordPress and in case you require it, it can be pre-installed on your website.
- Free CloudFare CDN: A2 Hosting servers are located worldwide and they provide the fastest delivery of your website content to the users.
- 24/7 customer support from guru crew: A2 Hosting is known to provide round the clock guru crew support through live chat, email, ticket, or phone.
- Tools for developers: A2 hosting plans come with great tools for developers. It works with most of the content management systems like Magneto, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. CMS can be installed instantly without the help of a developer. A2 hosting also provides a website builder that is user-friendly for beginners. A2 hosting plans are also compatible with Cloudflare CDN that keeps large files separate from the server to keep the loading times faster.
You will also get other distinct features like Domain registration, Developer friendly hosting, Domain transfer, SSL certificates, and Swift & Turbo Servers Fast hosting.
Pros and Cons: A2 Hosting Review
Pros: A2 Hosting Review
- Amazing speed
- Terrific Uptime
- Great plan with a money-back guarantee
- Excellent customer services
- Strong hosting packages
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- Turbo servers for 20 times faster loading pages
- Anytime Money-back guarantee
- HTTP/2, PHP7, SSD & Free Cloudflare CDN & HackScan
- A2 Site Accelerator like TurboCache, OPcache or APC and Memcache
- Preset for security
- Free SSL certificate with Let’s Encrypt
- Free automatic daily backups and Server Rewind tool
Cons: A2 Hosting Review
- Expensive as compared to other top hosting providers like YouStable or Interserver
- Every plan does not give Windows server option
Placing Order: A2 Hosting Review
You can easily place an order on A2 Hosting Guide, by clicking on the link provided here. Within this A2 hosting review, we will redirect you to the A2 hosting website and from there you can choose a plan on the basis of your business and website type.
Here are the steps to follow while placing the order:
- Go to A2 Hosting website through the link
- Select the type of hosting of your choice like Shared Hosting etc.
- Click on Get Started and select the package you desire.
- Select the domain option: to register a new domain click on register new domain or to transfer your domain to another place, click on transfer your domain. To use a free subdomain by A2 hosting, click on use Subdomain.
- Click on continue till the configure page appears.
- Choose the billing cycle in the choose billing cycle list box.
- Choose additional features under configurable options like dedicated IP address, server options, SSL certificates, dedicated IP address
- Select the program you want to install to automatically install applications for your new account.
- Click on continue, and the review and checkout page will appear
- Click on checkout and under payment details, select the payment method.
- Check the box, of terms of services
- Click on complete order and your order will be processed.
- You will receive an email about how to set up and access your account.
Conclusion: A2 Hosting Review
As per our A2 hosting review, this hosting outranks the top web hosts like WP Engine and Bluehost in the matter of speed test. A2 Hosting provides 20X faster-loading speed. As per the speed test done by us they are one of the fastest hosting providers. We found them to be ultra-fast, and reliable service providers and there was no fear while using their plans as they also provide anytime money-back guarantee.