How to send email with Gmail SMTP?
SMTP stands for Simple mail transfer protocol, is used to deliver email in bulk from any application, website, blog etc..
But the catch is sending email via SMTP is not always free, SMTP providers charge for this.
Thanks to GMAIL from google, we can send emails via SMTP for free, but they have limits too, you can only send upto 100 emails per 24 hour via their SMTP api.
Configuration required to send email via Google SMTP:
- Mail server: smtp.google.com
- Authentication: Yes
- Use Secure Connection: Yes (TLS or SSL depends on your application)
- Username: Your email id (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your gmail password
- Port: 465 (for SSL) or 587 (for TLS)