Most of us using WordPress for our blog and official websites and as we are having more 10 projects based on WP, no wonder if we forget our username or password of our WordPress website or blog. I have seen many people shouting like freak when the lost their Password but don’t worry because recovering password of your wordpress based website or blog is not that tough.
Remember your e-mail and have access over it?
Well if you have registered e-mail ID then I don’t think I have to tell you the procedure to recover your password but for newbies and lazy peoples who don’t even know about Forget Password features let me describe you in 5 easy steps.
- Open yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- Click on “Lost your password?“
- Enter your E-mail or username
- Confirm your e-mail ID
- Create New Password
Don’t Know E-mail or Password ?
Here you are in bit trouble because now you need to retrieve your WP admin password from your MySQL database by modifying tables.
- Login to your cPanel
- Click on “PhpMyAdmin” Option
- You will see window like above image and now Click on your Database
- Choose table name “wp_users“
- Now click on edit to modify the table and update your new e-mail ID or Password for your WP blog or website
- Save the database and login with your new details
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?