There are many reasons why you would want to create a blog. Some people create personal blog as a portfolio while others use blogs to earn money.
With GoogieHost’s free hosting service creating and setting up a blog is quite easy. Our web control panel comes equipped with an inbuilt CMS installer called Softaculous.
Softaculous is a really famous tool. With it, installing blogging software like WordPress, Open Blog, Dotclear, Serendipity, etc becomes a breeze. In fact, you are not even required to create MySQL databases to setup the blog as Softaculous is capable of doing everything on its own.
Let us understand how Softaculous is used by installing WordPress through it. I have chosen WordPress here because it is a widely used blogging script that has become greatly famous lately.
- Login to your cPanel
- Under software section, click on Softaculous Apps Installer
- On the left, click on blogs sub-menu and choose the script of you choice, in this case I am going to choose WordPress
- Now click on the install option from the script menu
- Next you will be presented with a detailed form. Fill in all the details correctly. Choose a secure password that no one can guess, off course you can change this later.
- Lastly, click on the install button at the very bottom of the page. Now Softaculous will start install WordPress (in my case), create a database and a database user on the web server.
After a few seconds, you will be greeted with “Congratulations, the software was installed successfully”
The great thing about Softaculous is that not only it allows webmasters to install new scripts but also to take backup of installed script (with website data), restore a backup and delete a installed script.
Congrats! your newly created blog is ready.