A very useful inbuilt function of PHP called phpinfo(); can help us in checking the PHP version as well as configuration of the server.
The function is really easy to run, all you have to do is follow these steps:
- First, login to your cPanel account that GoogieHost provides then under Files section click on the File Manager menu.
- In the new Tab that opens up, Navigate to public_html directory.
- Upon opening the directory, click on New File at the top and name it as phpinfo.php
- Locate this file in the list and select it, now click on Code Editor option located at the top
- Add the following lines to the file and then click on Save Changes
- Now open a new tab in the browser and type the following in the address bar-
(replace “yourdomain.com” with your actual domain name)
After checking the information, delete the newly created phpinfo.php file. Skipping this step can lead to security risks.
Got stuck somewhere? Feel free to contact us.